SANOG 10 / APNIC 24
29 August - 7 September 2007, New Delhi, India
SANOG X will be hosted in Conjuction with APNIC 24 in New Delhi.
APNIC 24 /SANOG 10 combined fellowship programme
First Round Fellowship Results:
1. Atmar, AF
2. Mohammad Mizanur Rahaman, BD
3. Lopzang Dorji, BT
4. Jith Bdr. Rai, BT
5. Nand Nitya Ashwin, Fiji
6. Hom Sarith, KH
7. Warnakula Naveen Pavithra, LK
8. Shrestha Kabindra, NP
9. Thapa Rajesh, NP
10. Desar Ram Krishna, NP
11. Amir Shrestha, NP
12. Danuwar Dinesh Kumar, NP
13. James Kamau, PG
14. ALONE, PG
15. Fatima Samreen, PK
16. Muhammad Umair Ahmed Jalali, PK
17. Muhammad Adnan Siddiqui, PK
18. Brenda Tarimel, PW
19. Rohith Udalagama, LK
20. Noor Ahamed Bauani, BD
21. Phan Van Thong, KH
The selected fellows will receive direct notification. The second round fellowship will be published soon. You don't need to reapply for second round.
The APNIC 24/SANOG 10 fellowship programme targets key personnel from Internet organisations within developing economies, including:
- Personnel responsible for Internet resource management
- Network engineers
- Decision-makers in government, educational, non-government and private sectors
- Educators and trainers
There are two different fellowship award packages available:
- Complete fellowship package for the entire meeting period, including the workshops, from 29 August - 7 September 2007.
- Partial fellowship package, excluding the workshops, from 3-7 September 2007.
Successful complete fellowship applicants will receive
- Reasonable (local host standard) accommodation.
- Partial costs for transportation to Delhi, via the most direct route possible, not exceeding US$500 or equivalent.
Successful partial fellowship applicants will receive:
- Reasonable (local host standard) shared accommodation.
- Free registration for APNIC/SANOG events from 3-7 September 2007.
The final grant amount is determined according to final costs and available funding, and will be advised to successful applicants. Please note that the grant does not fund other expenses, such as laundry and phone calls. However, main meals are included free of charge in the conference programme.
Fellows receiving the complete fellowship are required to pay the full registration fee of US$300.
Fellows are also obliged to fill out an evaluation form at the conclusion of the meeting.
The fellowship committee will select fellows according to the following criteria:
- Membership of the target audience listed above.
- Residency in the Asia Pacific region.
- Demonstrated ability to utilise the experience gained from the meeting.
- Willingness to return to APNIC/SANOG as a presenter or trainer in the future.
Fellowship awards second round
The fellowship committee may announce a second round of awards. This will be determined based on funding availability, and the results of the first round. Second round fellowships may include full, partial or reduced fellowships (such as free event registration). First round applicants will be automatically considered do not need to re-apply.
Fellowship application procedure
The fellowship application process is now electronic. Please complete the online application at:
Fellowship programme key dates
Applications open - 1 May 2007
Application deadline - 30 June 2007
Results announcement - 4 July 2007
Acceptance deadline - 15 July 2007
Applications Open - 1 July, 2007
Application deadline - 30 July 2007
Results announcement - 2 August 2007
Acceptance deadline - 7 August 2007