16 - 20 October, 2023
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Experience Sri Lanka’s unmatched hospitality and visa-friendly approach. SANOG delegates, apply for the esteemed “Tourist Visa” and explore this captivating land hassle-free.
A Tourist Visa is an entry permit signifying the consent of the Sri Lankan Government for the admission of a foreign national to the country. The Visa contains details of the period of time and the conditions of the stay. Tourist visa holders need to apply and obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) prior to arrival in Sri Lanka. An ETA holder is entitled to enter Sri Lanka within three months from the date of issue of the ETA.
Two methods of obtaining a Tourist visa:
A. Submission of ETA application online by the applicant.
You can submit your ETA application online to the Department of Immigration & Emigration ETA website: https://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/
Steps to be followed:
1. Click on the Apply button and fill in the ETA application. Pay the relevant ETA processing fee using your electronic payment cards (credit card/e-commerce enabled debit cards) and submit the application. Only Visa, Master, and American Express Cards are accepted. If you are unable to pay by electronic payment card (credit card/e-commerce enabled debit cards), you have to select one of the alternative options. Apply If your application is successfully submitted, you will receive an acknowledgment promptly.
2. You will receive an ETA approval or referral notice. If a referral notice is served, you may contact the Department of Immigration and Emigration for the necessary ETA.
3. To check your ETA application status you may log onto the ETA website (https://www.eta.gov.lk) or contact 24/7 dedicated ETA call center on 0094 71 99 67 888
B. Submitting an ETA Application at the airport of entry to Sri Lanka.
If you arrived in Sri Lanka without prior ETA approval, a limited facility to obtain ETA at Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) is available but additional fees will apply.
Steps to be followed:
1. Upon arrival at the BIA, report to the ETA issuing counter and fill in the ETA application form and pay the relevant ETA processing fee only in US$. (For more information: Visa Fees) Only electronic payment cards (credit card/e-commerce enabled debit cards) and cash in US$ are accepted.
2. If your application is approved, the ETA will be issued for up to 30 days.
3. Receive your ETA approval notice or referral notice. If a referral notice is served, you will be refused entry and returned to your original destination.
4. Once you have received your ETA, please proceed to the Immigration Counter and submit your passport.
Therefore, the LKNOG Local organising committee recommends Method A for the participants to obtain their Tourist visa.
It is advisable to keep a copy of the ETA approval with you to be produced at the airport of entry in Sri Lanka. All ETA holders should fulfill the following requirements at the airport of entry.
A passport that is valid for not less than 6 months from the date of arrival.
A confirmed return ticket.
Sufficient funds to meet the expenses during the stay.
Visa Waiver / Exemptions (Entering without Tourist visa)
Citizens of The Republic of Singapore, The Republic of Maldives, and The Republic of Seychelles are exempt from the requirement of obtaining ETA to visit Sri Lanka.
For more information regarding the types of visas please visit the official website of the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka: https://www.immigration.gov.lk/pages_e.php?id=14
we would like to recommend you fill out this form before your arrival to minimize the inconvenience at the airport. online embarkation form
There are many airport taxi services in Sri Lanka. For the airport transfer, we recommend the following Kangaroo Cabs taxi service for the participants. Kangaroo Cabs: https://kangaroocabs.com/
Also you can find Uber and PickMe (the local variant of Uber) from your mobile app store for any travel you would do.